
I jumped out and started changing the tire. We must have made some noise as we were examining the flat tire. In fact, I'm sure that there was some distress in our voices that the wind carried up and over the hills. Because in less than 5 minutes, as I was unloading the spare tire, I looked behind me and saw a pack of 30 wild dogs about 50 feet away. These are not nice canines--ugly as sin. They attack in swarms and gore their prey alive from the inside out.
The park ranger started throwing rocks at the wild dogs, which kept them at bay. There weren't a lot of options. We couldn't go back into the lion area and we couldn't go forward into the cheetah area. So I was stuck changing a tire hounded by these maniacal dogs.
Fortunately the situation didn't escalate further, although Isaac was tense because he could perceive our nervousness. The lions and the dogs started hissing and each other from different sides of the fence. Soon, the lions roared and the dogs left us. I was able to change the tire and we moved on quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment